General Manager, SafeSide Prevention Australia
Location: Australia or New Zealand
Department: General Management
Work Status: Full-Time
The General Manager will lead strategy and operations for SafeSide Prevention in Australasia. As SafeSide's top executive in the region, you'll lead and inspire a growing Australian team to deliver outstanding results with our current partners and attract new ones for high-impact suicide prevention projects. You'll have the full support and warm collaboration of the international SafeSide team and opportunities to shape the organisation's future.
SafeSide Prevention provides leadership consultation and professional training for health and government organisations to unite and inspire their health, youth services, and community workforce around suicide prevention. Our mission is to strengthen organisational cultures of safety, prevention, and recovery with best practices and innovative workforce education and development.
SafeSide serves organisations in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the US Examples: SafeSide has partnered with NSW Health Towards Zero Suicide Initiative to train mental health teams across the State; with the Departments of Veteran Affairs and Defence to embed the SafeSide Framework nationwide; with three District Health Boards (DHBs) in New Zealand to up-skill and support the workforce long-term.
We are committed to a diverse, inclusive, flexible (and fun!) work environment. We welcome candidates from all backgrounds and actively encourage applications from people of diverse gender, sexual orientation, cultural and linguistic backgrounds, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability and those with caring and family responsibilities. We provide workplace adjustments for people with disability, and access to flexible work options for eligible staff.
A Note to Veterans
SafeSide works extensively with military and veteran organisations, and we value the skills, experience, and mindset veterans bring to the workplace. If you have military leadership experience, please consider applying even if you can't tick every box in this position description. We will work to understand what you've done and how it might transfer into civilian executive leadership.
Do the Best Work of Your Career
SafeSide is a fast-paced, emotionally healthy environment where great ideas flourish. We stretch and support each other and love our work and our families.
As the General Manager, you will help shape how SafeSide grows and contributes to suicide prevention in the region. Up to this point, SafeSide has grown organically in Australia and New Zealand based solely on the strength and science of our programming and referrals from enthusiastic partners. With significant projects now achieving results, we are motivated to engage in business development, form strategic partnerships, and tender for government funding proposals to advance our mission of preventing suicide and promoting health and well-being.
What You'll Do
- Ensure that SafeSide exceeds expectations and delivers measurable value to current partners in Australasia, growing and expanding with them over time for long-term impact together.
- Develop and implement strategic plans and key performance areas for SafeSide’s growth and impact in Australasia in collaboration SafeSide’s international leadership team.
- Participate in setting the strategy for SafeSide Prevention internationally in its next stage of growth and development.
- Oversee continued growth via new contracts with public, private and community-managed organisations.
- Ensure that SafeSide is aligned with and current and future priorities of local, state, and federal governments in Australia and New Zealand.
- Lead SafeSide in securing new local, state, and federal funding so we can continue to achieve the innovation and impact in suicide prevention.
- Develop academic partnerships with reseearchers in Australasia interested in collaborating with US researchers to measure the impact of our innovative approaches to culture, practice, and education.
- Assess, anticipate, and respond to risks and threats to the organisation and the people we serve.
- Identify, recruit, train, and develop talented employees who can lead critical departments and manage strategic business functions.
- Develop the organisational culture and promote transparency and collaboration aligned with the SafeSide core values.
- Identify potential risks and opportunities within the organisation and its environment to protect the organisation and the people we serve.
- Build strong business partnerships to drive growth via new clients and increase the value for new and existing clients. Develop, monitor and report the metrics that will foster improvements for our employees and clients.
What You'll Need
- An entrepreneurial spirit with the evidence of leading a successful start-up organisation or large-scale program. This includes the willingness and ability to work alongside of those you lead to meet the needs of our clients.
- The ability to think strategically and stay updated with current environments and market trends.
- Act as a mentor and coach to encourage staff development, clarify expected behaviours, skills and outcomes, seek and give information, and check for understanding.
- Be accessible to staff, colleagues, and clients; keeps the door open and sensitive to complex and emotional situations.
- Leadership experience (10-15 years preferred) leading client-facing organisations and a relevant Master's or Bachelor's degree.
- The ability to obtain cooperation internally and externally is an essential part of the role, and a high level of interpersonal skills is critical to the success of this position.
- Military experience is desirable but not an essential attribute for this role.
Where You’ll Work
The successful candidate will reside in Australia or New Zealand and work remotely from a home office with our international clients. You must have the ability to travel within Australia and New Zealand 1-2 times per month and internationally two times per year with the ability to support working across multiple time zones.
The position of General Manager is newly created. The successful candidate will report to the Chief Experience Officer.
Successful candidates will receive an attractive remuneration package that aligns with their skills and experience.
How to Apply
Send your resume and a brief introduction on why you think you'd be the perfect fit for SafeSide Prevention to [email protected].