Program and Implementation Manager, Australia
Location: Australia - remote
SafeSide Prevention provides international leadership consultation and professional training for health, education, and government organisations to unite and inspire their primary care and health workforce around suicide prevention. Our mission is to strengthen organisational cultures of safety and prevention through best practices and leading-edge research while supporting staff with innovative, continuous education and development.
SafeSide has over 100 partner organisations worldwide in Australia, New Zealand, the US, and Canada. In Australia, SafeSide has partnered with NSW Health Towards Zero Suicide Initiative to train mental health teams statewide and with Australian Defence to embed SafeSide across the Enterprise deeply. In the United States, SafeSide partners with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention to reach primary care and health services in all 50 states.
SafeSide is committed to a diverse, inclusive and flexible work environment. We actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. We have the best team when it is a diverse team.
Overview of the role
SafeSide Prevention is seeking an experienced program manager to ensure all phases of programs are completed on time, within budget, and in alignment with client contracts. They will provide consultation support and feedback throughout the implementation process and collaborate directly with clients to ensure implementation goals are met.
If you are creative, motivated, and energetic, you will LOVE working with this team. SafeSide is a fast-paced environment where great ideas flourish. In this role, you will use your experience to consult and support international partners who have a direct interest in reducing the impact of suicides on communities. To this end, you will work across a range of partners, from government and non-government organisations to corporate leaders and private practitioners.
What You’ll Do
- Working with a wide range of leadership, you will oversee the implementation and evaluation of programs and services for our international clients to ensure everything goes to plan.
- Develop and execute project plans to ensure all phases of programs are completed on time, within budget, and in alignment with client contracts.
- Provide consultation support and feedback throughout the implementation process and collaborate directly with clients to ensure implementation goals are met.
- Incorporate best research evidence on implementation and systems change into approaches and build internal and external processes that reflect that literature base.
- Using your experience with quality systems and/or leveraging Lean or Six Sigma techniques to ensure rapid, efficient process improvement to ensure exceptional outcomes for our clients.
- Contribute to defining, measuring, and reporting key metrics to the internal SafeSide team to drive continuous improvement in what SafeSide offers to members and partner organisations.
- Analyse data to provide key partner organisations with formative and summative reports of their progress towards their suicide prevention goals for the purpose of understanding the effectiveness and demonstrating return on investment
- Stay up to date in the research and developments in workforce education and its evaluation and implementation science, ensuring we can measure the impact and outcomes from program and consultation innovation.
- Contribute to peer-reviewed manuscript preparation and professional presentations for SafeSide and with partners as opportunities arise.
What You’ll Need
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study is preferred
- Strong project management skills with the ability to create implementation strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with team members
- The ability to provide staff-level guidance as needed
- The ability to identify and troubleshoot problems to resolution
- Flexible and comfortable adapting to changing priorities and needs
- Collaborative and consultative work style, ability to thrive in a high-velocity, highly dynamic work environment
- Highly organised and an effective time manager able to successfully co-ordinate multiple tasks with simultaneous delivery deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously but also as part of a team to ensure you take people along the journey
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Adaptable to new technologies and ways of working with information technology systems.
- Proficiency in ClickUp (or similar productivity tool), Google tools, Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
It’s great if you have
- A strong understanding of implementation science and systems change strategy.
- Experience working in the human service sector, though non-necessarily clinically trained
Equal Opportunity Employer
SafeSide is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Where you will be working
The successful candidate will reside in Australia and work remotely from a home office with our international clients. You must have the ability to travel within the country 1-2 times per month and internationally 1-2 times per year, and the ability to support working across multiple time zones, which will likely include early morning or later evening work 2 days per week.
Although it is a direct report to the Director of Learning Transfer and Sustainability, the role will indirectly report to the General Manager of SafeSide Australia.
The successful candidate will receive an attractive remuneration package in line with their skills and experience.
How to apply:
If you love people and are passionate about impacting professionals' skill development and consumers' lives, join us. Send your resume and a brief introduction on why you think you’d be the perfect fit for SafeSide Prevention to [email protected]